Thursday, July 26, 2012

Who should wear "dreads"??


What do you think of this story?

Personally, I think anyone should be able to wear any hair style they desire
 It's only hair people! 
There are much bigger problems in the world to solve. I can name a list of things that irk me and this issue would not even make the list.

but here's the story anyway

“White folk wearin’ dreadlocks irks the shit out of me.”
by A. BREEZE HARPER JUL 16, 2012


“Does anyone else get annoyed when they see white folk sportin’ dreadlocks, tribal tattoos, and stretched out earlobes with plastic circles in them? What the hell is goin’ on? It irks the shit out of me. ”
I am overhearing a conversation as I wait for my order at a café in Oakland, CA. The woman next to me is black and about 55 years old, wearing dreadlocks that are about 2 feet long with a plethora of glass beads flossed through them. She is speaking to her friend, a woman probably in her 50s as well with a shaven head and wearing yoga pants and a blue tank top. She has mocha colored skin tone and seems to be of East Asian descent.


No comments:

Post a Comment