Wednesday, July 25, 2012

KoshieO African inspired Fashion line


This is right on time as I have been searching for fashions which use African fabrics in a more contemporary style. I brought back several fabrics from my recent trip to Africa and they have been sitting in my closet. I was finally referred to a dressmaker who (I was told) could  do wonders with fabric. So, last weekend I took my fabrics along with a pair of slacks and a blouse style that I like and asked her to "make magic". We shall see what she comes up with it. I will post here.

In the meantime, check this story out
Michelle Williams has been carving out a unique career of her own since Destiny’s Child parted ways. After tackling gospel music and Broadway, the singer is ready for a new challenge in fashion by designing new pieces for Koshio O’s spring/summer 2013 collection.
The collaboration is part of the African brand’s “The Koshie O. Woman” campaign which is an initiative using female celebrities to celebrate strong, confident and bold women who are able to juggle various day-to day tasks while staying fashionable and stylish. Nina Baksmaty, founder and Creative director of Koshie O. says Michelle Williams was chosen because she brings authenticity and knowledge to the brand.


Editor-In-Chief of VOGUE ITALIA Franca Sozzani and Nina Baksmaty, designer for KoshieO line, are interviewed on South-South news on how they are going to use the fashion industry with the help of Fashion For Development to help create more job opportunities in Ghana. Also featured in the interview is the President of Ghana, John Evans Atta Mills.


No comments:

Post a Comment