Monday, October 17, 2011

Our Tower of Power - Michael Jeffries

Featured Roc'n Loc Star
How long have you worn your hair in your current natural hairstyle? What is your hair length? 

 I've worn locs for about 15 years. I had been keeping the length at about chin level but I now wear them past my shoulder. SL

What natural hairstyle do you currently wear? If you wear locs, what is your loc method? 

My locs are the traditional type.

Why did you decide to wear a natural hairstyle?

I was looking for something more natural. My previous style was a texturizer so locs were at the other end of the spectrum.

Do you recall any negative reactions to, or comments about your natural hair? 

I did get some concerned looks when I was going through the locking process. While you're locking the hair ( traditional type ) there is a period when the hair can look un-kept.

What changes have you seen (If any) in the way people react to natural hair since you began wearing your locs?

I seem to get the " Random Security Selection " when flying. They will search my hair if I'm wearing it up !! So much for the random !!!

What is the routine you use for maintaining your hair? Any products you recommend?

I like to keep them clean but not too oily! I've found that the more oily product you put on the more dirt you will magnetically attract. For my taste a good moisturizing shampoo and separating the locs are perfect for routine maintenance.      

Who I am?  

I like to think of myself as an Artist. My canvas changes from time to time but to me it's all art. I'm a singer/song writer and have recorded with Tower Of Power, Jeff Lorber, Karyn White and my own self titled CD. I've also found that I can apply my art to cutting and styling hair. www.studio16salon.net 

I understand that you have recently released a Cd.  Please tell us a little about it. Where can we get a copy? If you have a website and/or a video please share it with us.

My latest music project is with my Daughter (Anikol) and Son (Mike J).
The Cd is " Michael Jeffries Daughter & Son  Family Affair. You can visit our website www.MJMARTIST.net   
We are available for purchase all major digital download sites.


I really love this Cd. Get your copy!
Thank you Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment